Tuesday, March 21, 2017

love living greens.

There is a movement in interior design that involves plants>>>lots of plants.
Since our trip to Thailand and being surrounding by plants (even in the city) impressed the importance and beauty of living plants.  
Many designers are bringing in the fiddle leaf fig. 
and I get it, this one plant packs a big punch.
Although locally here, I haven't had success locating one that was taller than 2' 
(and knowing me, It wouldn't make it too long)
Adding plants to a space literally adds life, the texture and color bring cheer -
not to mention the extra oxygen.
Bringing several plants into a corner in the showroom has me falling in love with the grain of oak wood for the first time in my life.  I grew up with light stained oak everywhere, the trim and ALL the furniture in our house was oak. (Hence, I was weary of it before I ever started working in the showroom)
just look at this...the texture in the plant, oak wood, and the rug
(Jozie Day collection by Magnolia Home)
I'm so excited about this corner in the showroom with a slightly different design aesthetic than we've ever done before.  We are bringing back macrame, plants, and big texture. 

Stop on in, and let us know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment